Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm not ready to go back to New York; let's take a little vacation, shall we? 
This is Grey's Beach in Yarmouthport on Cape Cod, we will be visiting here for the next few days because it is so lovely. 
One of my dearest friends, a former born and raised New Yorker, lives here now and I go as often as I can. Most of the people she knows on the Cape are former New Yorkers as well. How I wish I could be there as a former New Yorker myself. These two shots are actually the same spot; in the duskier one, I'm closer to the rocks. You can swim in this cove, although it's surrounded by moors that have a murky smell of muddy as opposed to sandy beaches. Beautiful though, perfect for walking and sunbathing. And photography. It's all about the light on the Cape, as you can see.

1 comment:

  1. I watched a movie last night called "Nights in Rodanthe" which was set in North Carolina. It looks so beautiful all along the Eastern shore.

    I do love New York, though. You're very lucky to live there. When I was growing up on Vancouver Island, all I wanted to do was move to New York.

    ReplyDelete