Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yarmouthport again, we'll be here for a while. This was taken in the first week of May and it's not quite as green as some of the other images will be, but I like this crooked old tree and it's crazy shadow. Very Cape Cod, what with the grey shingled houses in the background. Can you hear Rosemary Clooney singing, how's that song go? This is on the main drag through town and a few blocks away from the Edward Gorey house, which is pictured below. That photograph was taken on the side veranda looking in at the life sized copy of Mr. Gorey's self-portrait in his famous raccoon coat looking back out at us. The coat itself was on display in a glass case when I was there. They also have some of his  jewelry in etageres near the gift shop full of books and toys and tee-shirts. I think I wrote about the pair of hand signed etchings I got the first time I brought you here.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving these photos from Cape Cod. I always wanted to go there, just never made it, and have heard wonderful wonderful things about it from my cousin who has gone there quite often and loves every inch of the place. I look forward to seeing more pictures of a place that I would like to see some day. Debby

    ReplyDelete