Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Front and back of the old Cunard archway at the entrance of pier 54 and whatever structure used to be there. Are you bored yet? Sorry, I find it fascinating. I stroll along on my walks home through history; so much of New York got demolished to make way for progress but this is proof that something else was here before the boutiques and galleries. And I got a schedule for the free films that will be shown on the pier this summer, I'd watch Iron Man again, or Dark Knight, but I haven't seen Vicky Christina Barcelona yet, so that's probably the one.

4 comments:

  1. Old weathered words and typefaces on city buildings, can't get enough of those images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll find you some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! And I don't want to ask too much, but the outlines on walls showing where the adjacent building used to be, love those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it ever stops raining here, I've got some shots in mind.

    ReplyDelete