Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Two of my favorite images, they're still on the memory stick inside my camera because I like to see them when I flip through to look at the shots I took of Cape Cod; both are of the boat in yesterday's posting. It was taken as the sun set over my left shoulder which is where west was. I can remember this afternoon, some time last spring, I spent an hour watching the reflections and shadows. Seeing them now makes me want to go back and explore the inside of the boat, and I will, if it's open and they'll let me in next time I'm there. I have another shot of this image to the right, that strange fishy face which reminds me of my angel paintings. It's grey though, chilly, not as much sunset shining off the surface. I like the eyes in this; one glassy, the other with the odd but interesting pupil. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen, I have not been on blogger for a few days, and am just now getting caught up to everyone again. I missed all of you! Just too busy with the kids home from school for Easter break, and the hours in the day got away from me. Anyway, it looks like I have been missing out on some lovely photos of yours again. I can picture you sitting there waiting and watching the shadows play across the surface so that you can get that one perfect shot! It must be nice to see the world thru the eyes of an artist/photographer as yourself. I wish we could all see the world that way. Take care, hope things are going fine with you. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen,
    I am dancing a happy dance for you! We will talk soon.
    The first image of the circular forms knocks me out. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen your photos are fabulous and inspirational
    Beaten metal and a rosy sun glow
    Aah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some beautiful shots there. Love details of old things, things that had a long journey, weathered, like people they become more and more beautiful with time (many might disagree but I feel that way!) love your colours!

    ReplyDelete