Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another water tower shot on the corner of Houston Street and West Broadway, the gateway to Soho. There are more towers on the front building, but for some reason, they don't make a nice photo. Believe me, I've tried, there must be 50 shots of this corner in my library. There are 6 of this cloud formation alone. Big sky, bad clouds blowing over. As I recall, there were torrential rains further uptown but all we got was the drama. Manhattan narrows at 14th Street and that does something to the weather patterns. I picked this image because today is my birthday and it is how I'm feeling. There's something beautiful about it, but I'm also a bit gloomy. Sunshine tomorrow, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you for Saturday. I hope you had a good day. Birthdays also bring a new year and who knows what is around the corner. I wish you well for the year ahead. This picture is beautiful. The contrast is wonderful. The water towers are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete