Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two images taken the same afternoon during a walk along the river before they started renovations. It was the spring of 2007, when I first started using my camera. This view no longer exists, there are new buildings blocking the skyline space that had been left empty at Ground Zero. The old posts in the left hand photo are now being covered with a new pier and the walkway itself now has a garden deck and hi-tech benches. The bottom photo is my desktop image, it looks so different without all my icons to distract me. It's of the Canal Street pier, where I like to go when I'm in the mood for sunbathing.

1 comment:

  1. I am soo loving your photos, the first one is great with the way the light reflects off the building, and the sky in the second one. Well that nasty looking sky could be right herre in germany today! :-) yup, that is about the way the weather is over here for the past days, gray and dismal with drizzly annoying rain. Oh, we are so ready for something other then rain, like maybe some sunshine and warmth!! Anyway, you are a great photographer, you seem to capture the very feel of a place with just one shot!! I wish i could do that with a camera!!

    ReplyDelete