Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yeah! More flowers! These, again, are from last year in the communal garden next to my supermarket on LaGuardia. I don't know what the blue blossoms are, I thought they might be larkspurs, but probably not. The garden, almost a city block wide, is surrounded by an 8 foot chicken wire fence which one has to have a member's key to get in. This is New York and there are countless idiots who'd trash the place if they could. I don't understand why, the impulse to destroy, but they'll laugh gleefully while they do it. 

But back to the garden with its gate and keys, I spend a lot of time sticking my camera lens through the chicken wire, as you will see. They do have two evenings a week when it's open to the public, but there are too many people, and too many rules, stay on the path, stay on the path, for me to enjoy it. I prefer my spy tactics, my solitary experience, for my urban commune with nature.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers and how sad to think of people who would happily destroy them - just for some sick kind of pleasure.... Maybe the blue flower is a kind of Salvia although not sure if that is so. You're so right about the difference in country vs city mice - strange isn't it?! Warm wishes to you, Vxx

    ReplyDelete