Thursday, March 5, 2009

I love the old downtown water towers; I see 4 in this image, although the stilted black one is the Star. They're uptown too, on buildings of a certain age, but the younger, taller structures block them from view. I live in a tenement with 1868 on its cornerstone, there's a tiny but very deep lion-clawed bathtub in the kitchen. We had a water tower when I came in 1980, but it was torn it down. There's still one on the building next door. And across the street, I think. They're hard to see from the ground, they sort of sneak up on you. In a non-threatening way, they are always a nice surprise. At least for me and my camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maureen, thanks for dropping by earlier. I hope you will one day write a book showing all these outstanding images you have of your beautiful city - seriously, you really should! You 'paint a different picture' to most and I love all the images you post. Thank you! Warm wishes, V xx

    ReplyDelete