Monday, March 9, 2009

I spent the last few days in Chelsea at an art fair there. Yesterday I took my camera to shoot the river and the numerous water towers in the area, but the weather was too dreary so I'll go back when the light is better. I did take a few shots, all dark and dramatic, which reflect the grimy industrial flavor of the neighborhood that is so similar to how Soho was when I moved here in the 70's. I like this shot, I am a big fan of the old river posts that dot the waterfront. There's something very sweet about the way these lean against their companions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, wow, your photos are just fantastic!! I had to scroll up and down several times just to look at them all in detail, and each time I looked I saw something else in them. I love the one with the water towers, mostly cuz I am a lover of water towers. They are so fabulous and I had actually thought at one time that I would like to photograph all the old water towers in NJ and make a book from them! One of those old dreams of mine. But there is something so wonderful about the water towers. There is a terrific large blue one in Pitman NJ. It they ever took them down, the towns would just not look the same, cuz those towers are a part of its special look! I am glad to hear that there are others in the world who appreciate the beauty of water towers!! I will be back to see more, take care, Debby

    ReplyDelete