Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So after my crack about snow two days ago, we got hit with the blizzard that pummeled the East Coast yesterday. Manhattan, surrounded by rivers, only got 8", but the suburbs where it's always worse, got 14". Boston, I'm sure, is buried in it. It's 16 degrees at the moment, high noon, but the wind chill factor makes it more like zero. Here's my corner, not a pretty picture, those lovely snow scenes of New York are usually Brooklyn, where they get plowed later than we do. That's Houston Street, a quarter mile from the pier, which is one of downtown's major roads. As you can see, St. Anthony's church has cleaned their sidewalk but the rest of us are on our own.

1 comment:

  1. Given we have just gone into Autumn here its hard to imagine. I have always been in New York in colder months for some reason but not when its been snowing. Hopefully it will thaw out soon and you will get sunnier days. I so enjoy the city and it must be fabulous - Soho, oh yes, I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete