Friday, March 13, 2009

Here's Battery Park City as of last fall, tomorrow I'll post an shot or two I took yesterday to show the progress. That shiny silver structure reflecting the clouds to the left was built to replace the #7 WTC Tower, which fell late in the afternoon of 9/11. If you click the image, you can see a tiny US flag on one of the government buildings way to the right. And a magnificent water tower on a fairly recent building. But what may be more interesting is the construction going on along the water. That's a new pier going up covering some old posts at what I believe is Chambers Street. This is where the plane that landed in the Hudson this winter ended up tethered between this new pier and the Battery waterfront. Perhaps one of these very cranes struggled to pull it out of the icy water and place it lovingly on its final destination barge.

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful photo! It is so clear and sharp, I feel like I could reach right out and touch those buildings, as if they trully were right there in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about this image is the warmth that you convey. It feels like home, not like mean streets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, these pictures are just fabulous. I think I am getting a bit homesick for NJ and the east coast!! :-) Just seeing your pics makes me feel as if I am there.

    ReplyDelete